There is a lot to be said about being “with someone” during the holidays. Kissing under the missle toe, kissing at the stroke of midnight on NYE, well, just having someone to kiss. As great as it would be to have a Someone, I am discovering the easily overlooked joys of singledom. I invite all to add their own discoveries to my list.
1. It is considerably less expensive to fly solo during the holidays.
2. Missing out on the inevitable stress of introducing Someone to your family. As wonderful as they are, it is a well-known fact that we ARE the only family with issues. They must stay concealed.
3. Sleeping diagonally on a fluffy queen-size bed.
4. You don’t have to worry about dividing time between families.
5. The awkward moment created when someone breaks the “we won’t exchange presents this year” rule.